The 2021 Sathya Sai International Leadership Programme for Young Adults (SSILP) is now open for enrolment!
During the inaugural discourse at the first Sathya Sai World Youth Conference in 1997, Sathya Sai Baba issued a clarion call to the Young Adults. As the future citizens of the world, the Young Adults should awaken to their noble heritage and honor their sacred duty to promote the welfare, progress, and peace of the world.
With Sathya Sai Baba’s loving guidance, the SSIO implemented several resolutions to develop ideal Sai Young Adults leaders who are exemplars of Sathya Sai Baba’s teachings. In 2013, the Young Adults Leadership Program was developed to provide ideal leadership training to the Young Adults based on the Divine teachings of unconditional love and selfless service. Areas of focus include Sathya Sai Baba’s life and His teachings, overview and functions of the SSIO, Sathya Sai Baba’s teachings on leadership, challenges faced by Young Adults, loving and effective communications, working in unity, project management and self-transformation.
Since the inaugural batch in 2015, over 1,400 Young Adults from 45 countries have graduated from the SSILP.
Objectives of the SSILP
- To raise a generation of young adults who are exemplars of the teachings and philosophy of life as taught by Sathya Sai Baba.
- To give young adults a range of interpersonal communication skills for forging good relations with all officers and members of the SSIO.
- To equip young adults with the tools and techniques that will help them foster good values such as love, compassion, humility, and respect to elders; thereby creating a positive and loving environment at home, in the SSIO, and in their local communities.
- To develop skills for planning and implementing successful projects.
- To develop the capacity to lead, manage, and motivate volunteer team members.
- To develop mentoring skills for grooming future Young Adult leaders for smooth transitions and continuity.
- To acquire knowledge and develop skills to become ideal leaders.
The SSILP comprises of nine modules. Further details can be found on the Programme Plan and on the Application Form:
All National & Deputy National Young Adults Coordinators, National and Regional Young Adult Advisors and Young Adults currently serving in any leadership role in the SSIO are strongly encouraged to participate in the SSILP.
The deadline for applications is 30th October 2020.
For further information, please contact SSILP@sathyasai.org