The Sathya Sai International Leadership Programme (SSILP) for Young Adults (YAs) was developed in 2014 to provide standardised leadership training to YAs from all over the world, based on Sathya Sai Baba’s teachings. The course covers both foundational knowledge and practical application in society. Leading by example, YA leaders took the initiative to develop the programme in partnership with senior leaders of the SSIO. The programme is thus enriched with years of experience of senior devotees, modern resources created for YAs, and most importantly, the eternal and universal teachings of Sathya Sai Baba. The goal of the SSILP is to develop future leaders who will not only disseminate Sathya Sai Baba’s message through rendering service to society, but also lead a rejuvenation of human values throughout the globe.
Objectives of the SSILP
- To raise a generation of young adults who are exemplars of the teachings and philosophy of life as taught by Sathya Sai Baba.
- To give young adults a range of interpersonal communication skills for forging good relations with all officers and members of the SSIO.
- To equip young adults with the tools and techniques that will help them foster good values such as love, compassion, humility, and respect to elders; thereby creating a positive and loving environment at home, in the SSIO, and in their local communities.
- To develop skills for planning and implementing successful projects.
- To develop the capacity to lead, manage, and motivate volunteer team members.
- To develop mentoring skills for grooming future Young Adult leaders for smooth transitions and continuity.
- To acquire knowledge and develop skills to become ideal leaders.
For further details please contact your Zone or National YA Coordinators or SSILP@SathyaSai.org
With Bhagawan’s Grace and Blessings, the 2020 Sathya Sai International Leadership Programme for Young Adults (SSILP) is now open for enrolment.
During the inaugural discourse at the first Sathya Sai World Youth Conference in 1997, Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba issued a clarion call to the Young Adults. As the future citizens of the world, the Young Adults should awaken to their noble heritage and honour their sacred duty to promote the welfare, progress, and peace of the world.
With Bhagawan’s loving guidance, the Sathya Sai International Organisation (SSIO) implemented several resolutions to develop ideal Sai Young Adults leaders who are exemplars of Bhagawan’s teachings. In 2014, the SSILP was developed to provide ideal leadership training to the Young Adults based on Bhagawan’s teachings of unconditional love and selfless service. Areas of focus include Bhagawan’s life and His teachings, overview and functions of the SSIO, Bhagawan’s teachings on leadership, challenges faced by Young Adults, loving and effective communications, working in unity and project management.
Since the inaugural batch in 2015, 1360 Young Adults from 80 countries have graduated from the SSILP. Following this success, it gives us great pleasure to announce the nomination process for the 2020 programme.
The SSILP comprises of nine modules. Six modules will be delivered online in English, Spanish and Russian and three modules will be delivered during a four-day Residential Course. All modules are compulsory and the Residential Course and Graduation Ceremony will be held during the Guru Poornima celebrations in Prasanthi Nilayam in July 2020.
All National and Deputy National Young Adults Coordinators, and Young Adults currently serving in any leadership role in the SSIO are encouraged to participate
The deadline for applications is 14th November 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the leadership programme and ongoing activities, please contact the SSILP Chair, Brother Sai Prabhu Prem Kumar, at SSILP@sathyasai.org