The Sathya Sai International Leadership Programme (SSILP) for Young Adults (YAs) was developed in 2014 to provide standardised leadership training to YAs from all over the world, based on Sathya Sai Baba’s teachings. The course covers both foundational knowledge and practical application in society. Leading by example, YA leaders took the initiative to develop the programme in partnership with senior leaders of the SSIO. The programme is thus enriched with years of experience of senior devotees, modern resources created for YAs, and most importantly, the eternal and universal teachings of Sathya Sai Baba. The goal of the SSILP is to develop future leaders who will not only disseminate Sathya Sai Baba’s message through rendering service to society, but also lead a rejuvenation of human values throughout the globe.
Objectives of the SSILP
- To raise a generation of young adults who are exemplars of the teachings and philosophy of life as taught by Sathya Sai Baba.
- To give young adults a range of interpersonal communication skills for forging good relations with all officers and members of the SSIO.
- To equip young adults with the tools and techniques that will help them foster good values such as love, compassion, humility, and respect to elders; thereby creating a positive and loving environment at home, in the SSIO, and in their local communities.
- To develop skills for planning and implementing successful projects.
- To develop the capacity to lead, manage, and motivate volunteer team members.
- To develop mentoring skills for grooming future Young Adult leaders for smooth transitions and continuity.
- To acquire knowledge and develop skills to become ideal leaders.
For further details please contact your Zone or National YA Coordinators or SSILP@SathyaSai.org
If you have any questions regarding the leadership programme and ongoing activities, please contact the SSILP Chair, Brother Sai Prabhu Prem Kumar, at SSILP@sathyasai.org