Sathya Sai Young Adults
Youth is engaged in service activities in their respective communities around the world including serving the needy by providing food, clothes, and medical care. They also participate in various disaster relief projects such as tsunami, hurricane and earthquake relief. They provide this service with the understanding that they are uplifting themselves spirtually by helping their fellow man.
In addition to the regular SSIO activities and events, the Sai Youth program has undertaken several initiatives that further
a) help develop youth interests and talent and
b) address youth specific issues in leading a spiritual life.
The ability for the youth to connect with like-minded individuals provides an opportunity for personal and spiritual growth. Young adults all over the world are involved in activities such as:
- Devotional-prayer, meditation, devotional singing, study of Sai teachings
- Retreats/conference-workshop for personal enrichment, motivational speakers
- Education-computer literacy, education in human values, vocational training, mentoring
- Service-soup kitchen, disaster relief, blood donation, medical camps, Serve the Planet
- Cultural- music concerts, drama, poetry, devotional songs album, radio programmes
- Youth development-leadership training and apprenticeship programme
- Miscellaneous-Go-Green initiatives, youth sports day, media training
The youth are engaged in these activities in their respective communities around the world with the understanding that they are uplifting themselves spiritually by helping their fellow man. Sathya Sai Baba has said:
The highest spiritual practice is to transform love into service. Service will lead you to devotion.
World Youth Conference, Prashanti Nilayam, Nov, 18, 1999
These various activities are thus rendered with love, compassion and a feeling of oneness. The youth have learned that all of humanity is pervaded by the one and same God, and by serving any part of humanity with love and compassion, they are serving God.
Sathya Sai Baba has said that youth is the most precious time in one’s life. This is the time when all of one’s faculties and energies are at their peak. Hence, the Sai Youth programme has been established to encourage and guide young adults to make the best use of this time period and lead a purpose-filled life. These young men and women, motivated by Sathya Sai Baba and His all-encompassing love, are thus a beacon of hope for all.