Global Aradhana Mahotsavam
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Om Sri Sai Ram.
Sathya Sai devotees all over the world solemnly observe April 24th by remembering and practicing the teachings of Lord Sathya Sai, the Pari-purna Avatar, who left His physical form on this day. This year, the Aradhana Mahotsavam will be observed from March 28 through April 27, 2016, by Sathya Sai devotees globally, including India.
The Sathya Sai International Organisation, in coordination with the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation of India, recommends that we undertake 30 days of intense spiritual practice to express our gratitude for the unconditional love showered on us by our loving Lord, Bhagawan Sathya Sai Baba. The focus of this period of intense sadhana should be to live by the words of Swami, remembering His love, His kindness and His blessings that touched each one of our lives.
In the context of varying cultural traditions, religious beliefs and government regulations in various countries, Sathya Sai devotees are advised to engage in some or all of the following activities, at individual, centre, regional and national levels of the SSIO:
- Remember and Count the blessings received from Bhagawan during our lifetime
- Daily chanting of “Om Sri Sai Ram” (108 times), Sai Gayatri (9 times), and “Samastha Loka Sukhino Bhavantu” (3 times)
- Daily reading of Sathya Sai literature
- Devotional singing and Bhajans
- Sharing experiences about the glory of Bhagawan and personal transformation, as part of centre programme
- Cultural programmes on the life and message of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba
- Sathya Sai Youth and Children’s performances and projects
- Service projects
- Practice ceiling on desires and implement “Help Ever; Hurt Never” in thought, word and deed
- Audio/Video presentations on Swami’s discourses, His darshan, and His works
- Selected practices from the “Sadhana of Love” by Sathya Sai Youth (please see link below)
The Sadhana of Love is a programme developed by the Sathya Sai Youth and can be viewed at: http://youthfest.sathyasai.org/sadhana-of-love. It consists of 72 items based on Swami’s teachings, arranged under four categories, that can be practiced as a spiritual discipline.
Let us all join together as one Sai family in this noble and uplifting spiritual exercise to honour and cherish the memory of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
By His boundless grace and His blessings, let us glorify our Lord and redeem our lives by living in love and doing selfless service till our last breath.
Jai Sai Ram.
With loving regards,
Narendranath Reddy, M.D.
Chairman, Prasanthi Council